The PAM00992 Radiomir 8 Days has a stainless steel case of 45mm, which has received a 'patina' treatment. This new matte finish makes the case appear totally vintage thanks to a special coating that is applied to the case under a rigorous chemical treatment process. Even though the case appears totally matte, one should not mistake a satin-brush finished case with the new patina steel finish. To further elaborate, the look of the patina steel case is very similar to the appearance of the fuselage on old airplanes.
Why we love it?
- Great to know, it takes approximately 160 turns of the crown to fully wind the 8-day power reserve movement.
- This beautiful watch features the same case construction as its predecessors with a 45 mm cushion-shaped case with detachable wire lugs.
- The onion-shaped crown features the OP —Officine Panerai— logo on bass-relief.
- The Radiomir 8 Days PAM 992 features a black matte 'sandwich' dial with deep cutouts.
- The PAM 992 is powered by the Panerai in-house manual wound calibre P.5000 with an outstanding 8-day power reserve.
- This manual wound movement is fully visible via the display case back and composed of 127 parts and 21 jewels.
On the wrist, the watch wears very comfortable and true to its size. Its wrist presence is extremely vintage looking